Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Keepin on keepin on...

Well, we had my 31 day ultrasound and appointment yesterday and are going to take it month by month I guess. In previous posts I said that we were going to take a break until we knew what was going on with Dan and his job but that isn't the case for this next cycle. While our minds were made up that I was going to go in, do my thing and have my questions answered about stopping and re-starting the meds later on but we got excited by the ultrasound (I will get to that) and have a good feeling about this next month. I blame Dan, (he is hard to say no too) he was not going to go with me yesterday due to working but the weather was crap so he had time free up. As we were in the ultrasound room the tech told us (and the ob later confirmed) that I had a follie on my right ovary and that it looked like I wanted and tried to ovulate this month. Dan's (well both of us) had are hope recharged and we don't want to "lose our chance". If you could have seen the excitement on his face and watch him light up, it was adorable. I truly have wonderful husband and going through this together and sharing these emotions with each other buts my worries at ease. I love you Dan, and thank you for being so supportive and wonderful. So on Sunday he asked me to take a HPT and if it came back (which it will) that we are not pregnant then I am to start the Provera again on Sunday. I talked him out of the blood work that will confirm that I am not pregnant being that every time I have gone in for blood work I am poked anywhere from 3-6 times before they hit the vein, and it makes me queezy. So starting Sunday the process will start again.

As for the questions that I had answered. If we decide that we want to take a break we can, but I still have to take the provera so I can have a period and we can pick up where we left off. So that's good. I asked how many times we have to do the Provera/Clomid combo before we decide that it isn't going to work and we try something else. He said once we reach 250mg of Clomid (3 more cycles including this one) then we would try something else for one cycle then it would be off to Pittsburgh for us. Lets hope that we don't have to go that far.

Needless to say that I am happy with what we learned yesterday and as previously stated my hope has been revamped (for now)

No comments: