Monday, August 11, 2008

A Big Annoyance

A situation that I encountered recently with a co-worker of mine has left me really annoyed. She is aware of our fertility problems and treatment plan and actually is someone that I would consider a friend. Since I am ducking out for Drs. appts every month I had to mention something to someone in the office. Anyways, she is always asking me if I am pregnant yet. Which a more appropriate question could be; how is everything going, when is your next ob appt. What I am saying is that there are more tactful ways to go about the questions. To me, the are you knocked up question is adding salt to the womb in a sense. Trust me, when I am pregnant everyone will know!!! Last Monday, when I came into my office the co-workers were asking me about the wedding I was in the weekend, one of my very best friend Carrie's. (it really was an amazing, beautiful, perfect day. The love between Brad and Carrie is unreal! I am so happy for you two) My co-worker K asked if I got drunk. I responded that no, I did not get drunk. So of course that prompted her question, "Why, are you pregnant?" (I wanted to say that I am not an alcoholic and don't need to drink to have fun, BTW--the next AA meeting is on such date, maybe you should look into it. I had to bite my tongue) I did however say, "No, I am not and continually asking a girl with fertility problems if she is pregnant is rude and bothersome." She has not talked to me since. Which is fine but really I had to say something. That was my breaking point. This morning I asked her about it and she said she was mad at me because I yelled at her. (She is somewhat of a spoiled brat and very condescending to her loved ones.) I just needed to vent.

No comments: