Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hard work

I am tired of having to work so hard for everything. Nothing in our life has been easy. We can't have a child without medication and tons of planning; we have to work so hard for everything that we have. It is so hard to watch people breeze through life; where's their tough breaks? We have plans, big plans for our future. I feel so judged sometimes because we choose to rent instead of buy; why you ask because we are not sure where we want to settle and won't until we know what path Dan is going to take with his flying. It is not a money factor at all. We have so much debt due to Dan being in an expensive career and you have to put out a lot of money to move forward and we have all of my school loans for the past 6 years. Throw that together with two car payments we don't have much wiggle room. We are comfortable don't get me wrong but some months we have to be cautious. My family frowns at the fact that I am working two jobs. The only reason I am doing this is to better my family. To pay off our debt a little faster. Dan works late so why not contribute a little more. I feel so stuck sometimes in life not knowing what I want to do and not having the time to do it. I would love more than anything to get a new job or just work nights so I can go to school full time. I can't quit my job now because I carry our health insurance which this past week is a testimony to the need for insurance.

Am I jealous of those who breeze through life. Heck no. I am a firm believer that when you work hard for something you appreciate it so much more in the end. I would rather be poor and happy with my life than rich and miserable. Dan living out his dreams is so much more important then bringing home 6 digits a year. Plus, I know that all this hard work will pay off and eventually we will have something to show for it. Rant over.

No comments: