Saturday, November 22, 2008

Baby Showers and Fears

I just got home from my friend Kim's baby shower. It really was a nice shower and I am so happy for them. They really deserve this baby and it took them a few years to get pregnant. I just really want to be able to go to a baby shower and not feel like crying when all the cutesy presents are being opened and sitting there thinking, will I ever have this? Also, it would be great if comments were avoided like, "Maybe the next shower we come to will be yours" and "Are you and Dan talking about starting your family" how do you answer these questions when you are being defeated month after month.
My fear is this, I will never know what it feels like to have a child growing inside of me. I am so afraid that Wednesday when we go in for the HSG they will say that my tubes are blocked and we don't stand a chance. Everyone keeps saying "Just have hope, it will happen." Well, you don't know that. It might not happen. It is not like we can chalk month after month up to bad timing. We follow the schedule. Take the drugs, do the deed when told and still nothing. So if our timing is good and I am ovulating and still not pregnant then it is hard for me to think that everything else is okay. Maybe it is, I have hope that everything is fine but you never know. I just can't see how people can say it will happen when clearly it might not. Are the chances even 50/50? Who knows. I am getting really anxious about the results. I just want to know.

No comments: