Monday, May 4, 2009

Appointment Update



We had our 12 and a half week appt. today. They took us back weighed me, (down 3lbs total from my pre-pregnancy weight) checked my pee, blood pressure all looked well. Then the Dr. came in and tried to find the heartbeat. He was unsuccessful and joked that we for sure have a girl, nice and stubborn. He said he wanted us to go upstairs for an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay then come down and talked to him. I immediately got worried and started tearing up. Dan, is the optimistic one out of the two of us and tried to talk me up. By the time we got upstairs in the waiting room I was a wreck. I was in tears and worried sick. They called us back and as soon as she put the wand on my belly the baby jumped up. We have one active baby. It would not hold still to save it's life. So cute, seeing it move and kick around. It is amazing how much it has grown in 4 weeks since our last ultrasound. The baby put my mind at ease and the heartbeat was 167 bpm. Whew, we can relax a little bit.

No comments: