Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring Makes Me Giddy!!!!

This weekend is a picture perfect weekend. I am writing this blog on my back porch enjoying this morning of 70 degree weather. There is just something about the first true nice weekend that makes me really happy. All my worries are set aside and a very relaxed, calming feeling moves in. I start thinking about what the summer will bring. Bonfires, long walks with Dan, going to the park and hanging out, Sundays swimming at my parents then grilling out for dinner, going to Freedom Falls. It also makes me think back to the last summer and I am reminded of the awesome picnic Dan and I had at two-mile, we had lunch, took a walk around the lake then took a nap under some willow trees. I also think back to the countless summers at Henry's Bend. Sitting on the LaVerdes river front playing cards, volleyball, and my favorite pastime floating down the river.(until last year when this wonderful trip down the Allegheny gave me 4 days in a hospital, but it sure was a wonderful, relaxing day) I think of baseball games, and playing release in high school (until we started dating and this just turned into a go hide and make out game, who am I kidding, that's when it got fun) Certain old school songs come to mind and I have dug out old CD's to listen to and enjoy. All these memories of being care free overwhelm me but in a good way. Sort of makes me stop to breath and take it all in.

Right now I am also super excited for next year, to be able to start all these new memories with our child. I am sitting here thinking next year, I will have a 5 month old to share a beautiful Saturday with, what will we do? Will we take a walk to the park (even though baby Welms will be so young) or will we just play outside in the grass. As it gets warmer, will we spend our Saturdays swimming at Grandma's house? Either way, I can't wait.

What are the people in Texas thinking about this day? Is it the same as every other day for them? Living in a state where you get to experience the four seasons makes me truly appreciate the start of spring, summer and fall. Not so much winter, but without it I think I would take the nice weather for granted.


Enjoy this wonderful weekend!!!

No comments: