Thursday, January 1, 2009

Most Of All, Let Love Guide Your Life, Col. 3:14

Today, we were at Dan's cousins house for New Years Day lunch. Your typical feast to bring in the New Year; pork, sauerkraut, mashed potato's, and a tradition in Dan's family Spaetzle-basically a boiled dough. Anyways, as we were sitting there I saw this framed hand stitched picture that had the verse "Most Of All, Let Love Guide Your Life." What a great scripture for a New Year. This sums up my resolutions for 2009. If I can let love guide me in my decisions how can I go wrong. Looking up the scripture it continues on;

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

I find this to be very comforting to me and hopefully you will to. I want to take this with me throughout the year and live these very words. I ask each and every one of my readers to slap me with I am not following through and am not acting out in kindness and generosity.

Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments: