Saturday, February 7, 2009

Looking for the Silver Lining

I am striving to be positive. This was one of my New Years Resolutions. While it is hard at the end of the month the be staring into the eyes of defeat it does mean we are going into another month of getting to try. Yes, while one month closes another month begins. This month is a little different than last. I did not need provera to induce my period. This is a "real" month the only thing assisting is the Clomid and that has proved to be promising. In my last few posts I have mentioned that we have 1-2 more chances. That is 1-2 more tries that this could work for us and the Pittsburgh trip would unnecessary. Dan and I both said that we were going to try our hardest to not think about it this month which is basically stating the impossible but we are just going to enjoy each other more and stress less.

Last night we went out and grabbed a bite to eat. The restaurant was busy so it gave us a chance to have a long chat. I mentioned to Dan that earlier in the day I had started to research adoption. He confessed that recently, he too has thought about adoption. Now, I am not trying to make this post change gears and make it look like we are giving up hope. We just know that taking the step to adopt is huge, when did we get here? It was comforting that we both have been thinking about it and we agreed that we need to start doing research. My need to plan is saying that I need to do as much research as physically possible over the next year so when we are ready to make that step we are informed and will know what we are looking for. This also may get our minds off of trying for a few months. We also talked about the option of being a Foster Parent. This is something that we need to pray, think and talk about. Our biggest fear is becoming attached to our Foster children and then have to say goodbye. By no means are we going to rush into this but it is on our minds.

Blessings to all!

No comments: