Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fireproof Your Marriage!!

Last night we had my parents, brother and his girlfriend over for dinner then we watched Fireproof. Let me back up for a second just so I can tell you how great Dan is!! For months I have been excited for this movie to come out so we could rent it. Every time we would go to Filmfest I would make some comment about wanting to see it. Friday night I mentioned that it was now out and wouldn't mind renting it this weekend. Well, yesterday Dan stopped at Giant Eagle in Franklin on the way home to see if the Red Box had it, nope it didn't. So he stopped by Filmfest and Movie Stop they didn't have it either, Giant Eagle in Oil City negative. He came home and called Grandview Video and Red Express they were all rented also. So he decided to go to Walmart and just buy it but when he got there he saw that their Red Box had one left. Wahoo, Go Dan!!! Just reason 342,546,865,432 why I love my husband.

Back to the movie. People we talked to that saw it in the theater highly recommended it for all married couples. It really puts things into perspective for relationships. Reminds you that marriage is hard work, but in the end is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do. It is faith based so it also reinforces that we need God to be in charge of our lives, and influenced a good Christian foundation for marriage.

Of course, I cried because that seems to be what I do these days for all occasions. Kyle was bored out of his mind. Dan really liked it after all, he wasn't really wanting to see it. Didn't really understand what it was about. I bribed him by telling him there were firetrucks in it so all was well. Afterwards he was glad we watched it.

No comments: