Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Appointment Update

We had our first appointment yesterday. It went really well. We went in and met with the PA in her office and went over our medical history. Then she took us over to the exam room and did my early exam. Of course that was never fun and has left me with some spotting but that is normal so I am not freaking out. Then she let me get dressed and came back in to answer all our questions and go over everything we needed to be aware of. She gave us a bag of goodies I still need to look through. She also told us our due date is November 11th. It took awhile to sink in but that is 11/11 (make a wish)!!!! Great due date! So I was only a day off not bad, we are a day closer to meeting our little monkey. She told me that I had to go upstairs for blood work and she was telling me everything they were checking. I was surprised that they were not going to do a blood test confirming pregnancy and asked if they could do one anyways just so I could have a piece of mind. She obliged and ordered a beta test. We ventured upstairs and the girls know me pretty well by now, after all they have seen me twice a month for the past 10 months. They promised results in a hour for me. My beta came back 11,000!!! According to google it needed to be between 1,000-50,000 to be pregnant!!! Go me!!!

We go back April 6th for our first ultrasound. I can't wait to see our little one and hear the heartbeat!!! Our next appointment is April 20th.

Tomorrow I will be 7 weeks!!! Time is flying!

No comments: