Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Telling The Parents

Well, as mentioned in my previous blog we told the parents on Sunday. We had Dan's mom and my parents, brother and his girlfriend over for Dan's birthday dinner. That morning we told Kyle, my brother our news. We wanted to include him in our little plan. We had set our new video camera on the window seat in the dining room and told Kyle to ask if he could play with it after dinner. We put a dvd in it so he could record the news. He did awesome!!!

Last year we had bought grandparent picture frames and we typed up a little note from the baby and put it in the frame. The note just said; Hi Nana (or Papa in my step-dads frame) I can't wait to meet you. I will be making my big debut around November 12th, 2009. Love, Baby Welms. We wrapped them up and gave them right before having delicious apple pie.

The reactions were priceless. They screamed, jumped, cried and gave lots of hugs. It was exactly like I hoped it would be!!! YAY!!!!

We originally said we wanted to keep the news hush hush and only tell select family and friends until I go to the dr. but things don't always go as planned and more and more people are finding out. What can you do?

My first appointment is scheduled for March 23rd at 2:15. It feels like a lifetime away. A week and a half. Geesh. Again, what can you do!!

No comments: